Home Security during the Summer Festive Season
The festive season over summer is the ideal time for property offences in Australia especially on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, when people go out and homes are full of new, expensive items, this presents a golden opportunity for theives to strike. It may be the best time to take a family holiday but criminals can find it to be the easiest time of year to cause damage.
The biggest contributors to targeted break-in include:
- Doors or windows left open
- Minimal security
- Easy backyard access
- “Hidden” keys
- Inactive security systems
Most common methods of entry include:
- An unlocked door
- An open or unlocked window
- Breaking a door or window
- Picking /breaking a lock
Most Australians report worrying about the safety and security of their home while they are on holidays. There are, fortunately, a number of things you can do to maximise your security…
Tips for Security over the Holidays
- Install professional-grade security doors and screens. It takes fewer than five minutes for most burglars to enter a property. Security doors and window screens mitigate the risks of this enormously and act as an active deterrent.
- Suspend newspaper deliveries during the holiday season if you are going to be away.
- Redirect your mail or have someone collect it daily.
- Don’t allow couriers to leave packages in plain sight.
- Always lock all doors and windows when you go out and keep security screen doors locked while you are at home.
- Use lights on timers when you are absent from home.
- Use motion-activated exterior sensor lights at your home.
- Close and ideally, lock gates.
- Install a working alarm system.
- Never leave a spare key outside your property.
- Never post holiday updates publically on social media – including holiday snaps.
- Get to know your neighbours! Build a relationship and, provided you trust them, let them know when you’ll be away and who should and should not be present during that time.
- A barking dog can be a great deterrent.
Visit Vincent Security
Vincent Security was established in 1970 and is a renowned Queensland owned and operated security business. Under the same management since 1987, we specialise in Brisbane Security Screens and Doors. Our customer service is second to none and we aim to understand your needs to help you to make the right decision about which products best suits you and your budget.
We maintain superior quality control of our product ranges and we offer realistic timelines for the installation of your job, delivering and installing security screens to all areas of Brisbane Metro Area.
Don’t risk your property! Let us help protect your home and your family. Contact us today to explore the security screen options we can offer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3849 4555.